Skip to main content

Favorite Disney Animated Movies Ever- Top 34 Movies!!!

Heyyy everyone! You just saw my bottom 34... now here are the top 34... hope you guys like this! This list took a long time and a lot of work to curate... and I'm excited about it.

34) Finding Dory- So fun fact... Finding Dory was going to be on the other list... but I included 2 movies on that list that I didn't need too... and apparently I did the same on this list... which is kind of funny. I also originally had The Hunchback of Notre Dame at the top of the other list/ bottom of this list... but I think it was just because I had just seen Hunchback that I liked it a little bit better... but I think Finding Dory is a better movie overall and even though it's not my favorite Pixar movie... it is my favorite of their newer sequels and I think that this kind of put pixar in a better direction as far as movies go... so I love this and it definitely belongs on this list!

33) Pocahontas- This is another one that I just saw and I think that that kind of put it a little higher on the list than it maybe should be... but honestly- This is one of the movies with the best soundtracks and I think it is maybe the most beautiful hand drawn animation movie of my childhood... so even though I don't necessarily think it is the funniest or most interesting Disney Movie... it still holds up because it's just so beautiful.

32) Big Hero 6- I thought that this was so low on the list because I didn't grow up with this... but there are so many movies I didn't grow up with that are wayyy higher on the list... so I don't know. I think that maybe I even like Finding Dory and Pocahontas better but didn't want to put them too high on this list because I thought that it was because I just saw Pocahontas recently... idk. I do like this movie a lot though... and it might have one of my favorite soundtracks because Fall Out Boy is on it and they're my favorite band... so yeah. Good movie... just not the most memorable and I feel like this could kind of disappear in 10 years or so and idk if anyone would be that worried. Baymax is such a great character though... Idk. Good movie just not my total favorite.

31) Oliver and Company- This is one of the most underrated Disney Movies in my opinion! This was a favorite of mine as a kid... I loved all the characters- the music was great... they got the perfect voice actors for it.... and it's just one that I always watched as a kid. I had a cute stuffed Oliver, my sister drew me a picture of Georgette... I just think it's a special movie that everyone should see... and it makes me sad that probably not a lot of people will!

30) Wreck It Ralph- This is another great movie... I've seen this a lot on TV recently and it just always makes me laugh. It's a really unique movie too in my opinion and I just like it. Nicely animated... and I'm excited for the sequel... it looks really funny and I love that all the princess are together in the sequel.

29) Princess and The Frog- This is probably higher on the list because I did just see it. This is a really beautiful movie also... I like Dr. Facilliar... the music of this isn't my favorite... but Naveen is one of my favorite princes and Tiana is a great Princess too.

28) Ratatouille- 1) I feel like this is the funniest Pixar movie... it isn't super sad or serious and it just always makes me laugh. 2) This movie is on like ALL THE TIME... and I always watch it and I'm always entertained!

27) Cinderella- This kind of surprised me that it's the lowest classic movie on the list... I always think of Cinderella as a more iconic princess/ movie than Snow White... but to be honest I kind of like Snow White better! Just a little bit more of a story there. Cinderella is still pretty great though and I haven't seen it in a long time!

26) Frozen- I didn't love this movie when it first came out... but the more I see it- the more I like it! I think Ana is one of my favorite princesses... I think Olaf and the Trolls are really funny... and it's just cute.

25) Zootopia- I love this movie. It's just got such a great message, I love Jason Bateman (yes despite the recent mansplaining scandal) and I love Ginnifer Goodwin... and I like how they kind of hid that Judy Hopps was the real star of the movie... she might be one of my favorite disney characters... and this is one of the best Disney friendships!

24) Cinderella... OKAY I MADE THE SAME MISTAKE IN THE OTHER BLOG... THIS TOOK A LONG TIME! LOL. 

23) Snow White- This movie always amazes me. No one thought a feature length animated movie was a good idea... and now look at it! This list itself is just proof of how influential this movie became!

22) Peter Pan- Peter Pan was probably my favorite Disney Classic growing up... and it's still one of my favorite stories from Disney. Plus this is gorgeously animated... from the scenes in London to Neverland... it's just really a beautiful movie and such a fun story. This is also one that I think I like a little bit more because I love all the other Peter Pan movies or adaptations out there. Finding Neverland is a favorite of mine, Hook also and the Peter Pan that came out in the 2000s was good. This is just a fun movie and I love it!

21) Mulan- I feel like I sound like a broken record... but this is one I've seen fairly recently and again... I like this the more that I see it. It's been on a lot recently too... I think the characters are all pretty funny... I loved Eddie Murphy's voice in this and again... it is a beautifully animated movie. I feel like a kid every time I watch this movie.

20) Wall E- This is a great Pixar movie... but one I don't watch all that often because it is a mostly silent movie... it demands attention... and it's also rather sad and usually makes me cry. It's a really beautiful love story between Wall E and Eve... it's just an amazing movie.

19) Toy Story 2- I feel like the second movie in a trilogy (or any series) is either the best (Empire Strikes Back) or the worst... in this case I feel like maybe this is better than the original sequel in the case that it deals with bigger issues than the first Toy Story and the characters that they added from this movie add something big overall to the whole franchise... but if you were to ask me which toy story I want to watch... I'd probably go with either 1 or 3. Those are just more fun to me.

18) The Lion King- 
This has some of the best... possibly most underrated music of all the Disney Renaissance movies. I don't know if I'd really consider this a musical... but Elton John did the soundtrack and it's really awesome because of that! The movie itself is just very deep and entertaining to watch. I think Timon and Pumba are two of my favorite funny characters... I also like the deeper characters quite a lot... and I like this a lot! So yeah. Great movie- a lot of fun... and I just love it!

17) Toy Story- I really break up the Toy Story family here. I remember seeing this in theaters... this is one of the first movies I remember seeing in theaters- and I know I saw it with my dad and my sister... and I think her best friend at the time also. This kind of changed the game as far as animation went... the same way that Snow White did... no one thought anyone would want to see a 3d animated movie... and Pixar definitely uses that sort of animation to the best of their potential.

16) Finding Nemo- I remember when this movie first came out... I think at the time everyone was saying this was the best Pixar movie because it was the saddest and probably the most complex of the Pixar movies at the time... it was also very beautifully animated- water is not easy to animate because of it's unpredictable movements... so this did a great and really realistic job of it. The characters were all really in depth and different too. When they made Finding Dory it seemed like the perfect story for a Finding Nemo Sequel was right there... and I love that! It's just a good movie overall and definitely one of the most memorable from my childhood.

15) Toy Story 3- Okay... so a lot of times people say Art imitates life... but Pixar movies have kind of perfectly related to my life in the time that they're released. Up and Coco both came out after I had lost loved ones, Ratatouille came out before I went to France, Wall E came out when I was lonely in High School, Inside Out came out when I was kind of at a mixed up time in my life where emotions were all over the place... but Toy Story 3 is the most obvious Pixar Movie coming out at just the right time for me... I had just graduated from High School when this came out... so I was graduating along with Andy... and that is probably what made me cry more than ALMOST any other pixar movie. So I love this movie a lot... and it is still one of my favorites.

14) The Little Mermaid- I need to see this one again... because I haven't seen it in quite a while... but I know that this is probably one of my favorite disney princess movies because Ariel is such a different princess! She's a mermaid, she's a red head... I just really like her! And again... the music in this movie is beautiful... I really love Ursula as a villain and... The Kiss The Girl Scene is really amazing and one of my favorites! That might be one of my favorite disney songs ever... I just really like it!

13) Nightmare Before Christmas- This is one I need to see every year at least. I missed it one year around halloween and I was pretty upset. I love that this is a Halloween movie and a Christmas movie... I collect things with The Nightmare Before Christmas on them...and yeah. It is just one of my favorites. I always thought the animation was so cool when I was a kid... I love the process of how they make the puppets... and this is just a fantastic movie!

12) Up- Okay... if this was just the first 15 minutes or so of the movie... this might be at the very top of the list... that is definitely the most beautiful love story of all time... and you get SOOOO much about Carl and Ellie and their relationship from just a brief scene of them as kids and then a segment of their entire married life together with no words and just the most beautiful song of all time maybe... I love that scene. The rest of the movie I think is slightly a let down in comparison to that... it isn't so much of a let down... but it's a HUGE contrast. It isn't that I don't love Russel or the other characters in this... but I feel like I would have liked them a little better when I was a lot younger... and it's cute and it's sweet but it isn't nearly as memorable as the first 15 minutes.

11) Coco- This is the newest movie on this list I believe... and I pretty much just watched this at the beginning of the month... so I haven't even seen this movie a second time yet... and it is already in my top 11... it could probably be in my top 10 someday... but I haven't seen it quite enough yet for it to beat any of the top 10 I'm mentioning... so that's why this lands here. I feel like this is definitely harder to place because of that... but yeah. This is a great movie... maybe the most beautiful movie ever- as far as the imagery of this movie... I know this must have been very difficult to animate and I feel like they just did the best job with this. It is amazing!

10) The Emperor's New Groove- This is maybe the funniest disney movie... now that I'm looking at some of the other options- this might not be quite the funniest... but it's meant to be a super funny buddy comedy and I think they did a great job making that. I feel like this was an underrated movie because it wasn't really critically acclaimed or anything- but I feel like if you were to ask kids who grew up around the time of the Disney Renaissance... they would rave about this movie and tell you why it's one of the best movies ever. Even now that I think people are more inclined to talk about how much they love this movie... it is still underrated because it's just such a good movie!

And it was supposed to be a totally different movie also... which is crazy!

9) Hercules- This movie they played pretty much all memorial day weekend... and it was like when I was half asleep or just waking up... so I've at least scene the end of this movie a lot recently... and I've heard quite a few of the songs. I think I'm going to actually sit down and watch the full thing pretty soon because I own this on blu ray and I've been reminded on how great this is. And again- this is going to sound repetitive but this is amazingly beautifully animated. I feel like this uses some chiaroscuro  and some actual art inspiration with the animation- which I think makes it look different... and I really remember this looking so fun and so adventurous looking just to see the different areas in this movie. Obviously there's Greece... but also Mount Olympus and The Underworld... you can just see that there's really a fun adventurous story to be told there.

I also love the muses and all of the music in the movie... it's one of the most underrated for that because it is really all wonderful. Plus there's a mention of The Haunted Mansion... it's great.

8) Sleeping Beauty- This is my favorite Classic Disney Movie... and it's kind of more recently become a favorite too. The more I watch this - the more I like it. It's beautifully animated- I really love all of the characters in this and all of the settings... I just think this is a great movie and this is another one that I really love any sort of adaptation on. I love the Maleficent movie... I'm excited for the sequel which is probably coming soon... I think it's just a fun story and I love how this is told.

7) Moana- This is the newest movie in my top 10... and I just love everything about this movie. The soundtrack is probably my favorite... I'm a little bit biased because of how much I love Lin Manuel Miranda... but I just love this. I love Moana, Maui and Tomatoa... I love the animation of this... seeing this in theaters was one of my favorite things because it really made you feel like you were in hawaii and I loved that. It's just great!

6) Beauty and The Beast- I have to say...this movie doesn't make all that much sense... but I still really love it and I think the movie is just so great it doesn't need to really explain the little details that make no sense. Soundtrack is great... the live action movie was great... I just like this one a lot!

5) Lilo and Stitch- So I didn't have a dog when this movie first came out... and I watched it for the first time since having dogs not too long ago and I just cried... I actually have a post on this blog about this... but this one definitely pulls at my heartstrings and my love for dogs... and I just love this one. One of my favorites.

4) Inside Out- This one is just one of my favorites because I think it's so good all around. I think all the characters are interesting, it's very sad but there are also so many funny and great moments in this... this makes a lot of sense to me... if scientists ever found out that this is exactly what happens in people's heads- I wouldn't be surprised. It really feels that way! I think this is cute and unique and the scene where Riley hugs her parents always gets me!

3) Tangled- Tangled is one of my favorites for a lot of reasons. This was the first Disney Animated Princess Movie to be animated in CGI...and they did a great job with it. They used art influences like Chiaroscuro again... and I think that added a lot to it. But most of all... I really relate to Rapunzel. I think she's definitely the Disney Princess that I'm most like... and with her brown hair she probably looks the most like me too lol. Rapunzel is definitely my favorite disney princess... and I just love everything about this movie!

2) Aladdin- This is the first movie I ever saw... and I don't really remember that... but it still really holds up! I also own this one on Blu Ray... I think this is one of the funniest animated movies ever. Robin Williams is amazing as the Genie and... I'm one of the rare few that thinks other people can play Genie instead of just Robin Williams. I know when they announced the Live Action movie there were some people saying there's no way they could do it without Robin Williams... but I think James Monroe Iglehart showed us that isn't just so... and I'm usually VERY defensive of my Robin Williams roles... lol. I do think Will Smith has some big shoes to fill for this live action version... and I wish Iglehart was doing the movie... but anyway... I love this movie and I'm interested to see the live action adaptation!

1) Monster's Inc- My favorite Pixar movie of all time... and I know that this maybe isn't the deepest or most meaningful... but I really wanted to work at Pixar when this movie came out and it has a special place in my heart for that. Sully is definitely one of my favorite Disney characters... I think he's just so sweet and very cute. I also love the innovation behind Pixar in these early days... I know they needed to invent a special kind of technology to animate the movement of Sully's fur... and I think that was maybe the first time that that had happened and I think it set a standard for a lot of the animated movies we see out today. Disney and Pixar are all about innovating for their animations, even if it doesn't add a lot to the actual story... it really sets them apart from the other animation studios. And that's one of the things that make me love this movie. It is also very sweet and very funny... but overall... this movie is just special and it reminds me of Disney Magic!

So that is everything! I hope you guys like this blog! It took a long time for me to come up with this list and edit what my favorites were... but I think that is everything... and I hope you guys like it!

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f