Skip to main content

February 2nd 1:45AM New Blogging Style, Late Night Thoughts, KFC Bowls, Cleaning and TV

Sooo happy Groundhog Day! Is there an all day marathon of the movie Groundhog day on some channel? There probably is and if there isn't this should be a thing and maybe I will actually watch it for the first time today.

This is kind of a different blog for me... and I kind of want to introduce it but at the same time not introduce it... if that makes sense? It doesn't... so I'm going to kind of explain this anyway.

So I was trying to think of ideas of actual books I want to write, movies I want to write... there's a short story I would love to make into a novel but now I'm thinking "Maybe I'm just too attached to this story and I need not to write it and just leave it as a short story... I don't know... it's something I wrote in creative writing in college... so I'm sure it isn't as good as I think it is... but it has potential and I need to do something more with that... or something more with writing in general... because mainly what I do is this blog.

And I have to say... I love this blog... but I feel like it's holding me back a little bit. I don't want to completely stop what I'm doing because I'm proud of what I have been doing on here... but also it's like I could spend some a lot more effort writing something better when I'm instead writing a TV show review for a show I'll probably never watch again in my life. Seriously, there's a review on the tv show Blindspot on this blog... NO ONE watches Blindspot... I had no real business doing a review on that and I have no real intention on watching it again although I think I did give it a good review and said I would watch it again... which at the time I did think I would... but you guys know I won't!

So while I do think what I watch and what I've been liking is an important part of my life and this is Scribbles About Life after all... or Scribblles about Life if you want to be technical lol... I think I want to do more of this where I just sit down at the Keyboard after a day of living my life... and give you kind of a breakdown, kind of a highlight real... kind of trying to take the most mundane moments of everyday life and making them something worthy of reading. I appreciate anyone that reads any post at all... but I feel like opening up on the internet is scary and it's something that I kind of want to do a little more... so yeah.

Sooo... Onto What Actually Happened Today 

Today... I kind of lived on the edge food-wise. For lunch I had a KFC Famous Bowl and for dinner I ate Tacos... this is not a combination that people should be eating probably... especially if you have a stomach. KFC is typically the type of food I eat when I'm constipated... and tacos are tacos.

Also if you've never had a famous bowl from KFC before... it is an experience. I think I'll do a review of this... but overall I would recommend. I would also recommend getting it without cheese because I think the cheese just sits out all day and they just throw it on top of the bowl hoping it melts on top of everything else and it just doesn't quite work right... but the gravy kind of overpowers it and makes it better. I do think I'm going to dedicate a WHOLE blog post to the KFC Famous Bowl because... it deserves one... but this is just a little pre-review... thats an experience.

The tacos were really good too. My mom made the tacos... the cheese she had was MUCH better than the KFC cheese. I was a little bit too full from KFC to eat the whole thing... so I just ate one... but that was pretty good.

I don't really want the KFC Famous Bowl to interrupt from the real things that happened today that were actually really good... but I feel like when I think of February 1st 2018 it will probably be remembered as THE DAY I TRIED THE KFC BOWL rather than THE DAY MY NIECE AND MY DOG WERE BOTH ESPECIALLY ADORABLE! And when I say especially adorable... it was ESPECIALLY adorable. My niece just turned 1 in January and she is such a sweet, funny a beautiful little baby... I'm very lucky to be her aunt and that I babysit her a whole lot... she's the best! And she was all smiles this morning and she loved seeing my dog and my dog was just cuddling on my lap so nice... it was just really sweet. And then later I cuddled my niece and she fell asleep and she gave me lots of hugs and big smiles and laughs... it was just really a nice, fun day! I just really enjoyed those things.

I also got to talk on the phone with my best friend for about an hour or more... and that's something I don't do enough. I'm not a good person on the phone... unless I'm related to someone or I've known someone for 10years plus... I don't really like the phone. I dated a guy for a long time and one time when he called me he said "you sound really sad or stressed" and my answer was "No I just really hate the phone," which was funny... but yeah. I just need to know a person for a long time before I feel comfortable talking to them on the phone. I feel like I'm better with it now that I have a youtube channel... but it scared me for a long time lol.

But yeah... that was really fun. She's getting married in... a few weeks at this point which is super exciting and cool! That's not really what we talked about- but it just kind of added excitement to the conversation. It just felt like we were back in 6th grade talking about whatever we used to talk about back then... which is always a fun feeling of nostalgia.

I also kind of want to mention tv I watched tonight... AP Bio... I kind of want to do a review of that show... but this one I really need to watch a few more episodes of first because I don't really know how I felt about it. It's pretty funny, and it is A LOT like community- and I like Glen Howerton and Patton Oswalt and I think the show has a lot of potential... but I wasn't overly in love with the first episode. Glen Howerton's character is VERY unlikable. Like if you thought Jeff Winger from Community was unlikable in the pilot... Glen Howerton's character on this is almost his evil twin... and there was kind of a redeemable moment at the end I think where you could tell he kind of cares about things... but idk. I was going to write an equally unlikable character for a story I was working on and then I was like "I'm not sure how invested people will be in this woman." ... but now I think maybe it's perfect for this character to be THAT unlikable. So... yeah.

And now I'm listening to Fall Out Boy because I can kind of write when they're on... it's hard to concentrate on stuff- but now I feel more like I did in High School... and I did actually write a lot in high school... so yeah.

So... yeah that is about everything... I hope this all made sense and that you guys kind of like this new style of the blog that I'm doing... I don't think this will be everyday... but this might be more often than reviews and things... just because.

It's 2:22am right now... so I'm just going to schedule this and end it... and do something else... cause idk if I can get to sleep.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f