Skip to main content

El Camino: The Perfect Follow Up to Breaking Bad

The thing I don't love about the "reboot" types of movies and tv shows that we've been seeing lately is that you can only really "end" a series once. Harry Potter, for example... that had 7 great books and a perfect ending... and it isn't like I disliked the 8th play "The Cursed Child" but... in my opinion it added to much to the end of the original books and I didn't really like that. I was worried that something might happen to Jesse that would change the original ending of Breaking Bad- which I thought wrapped everything up perfectly.

And Breaking Bad is probably my favorite TV Show other than the comedies that I watch all of the time. I really liked that they didn't kill Jesse Pinkman in the end of the series. In the Emmy's that year they even had a joke that Jesse Pinkman lived but the mother from How I Met Your Mother died. I was worried about Jesse as soon as I saw the trailer.

So all of that being said though... this was the perfect way of adding to the story without really taking away from the original series. We did get to see how Jesse would handle situations differently than Walt- at least by the end of Walt's life. Walt was more the type to kill someone first, whereas Jesse will really only kill someone if he has to. The villains in this movie kind of take advantage of that fact... but Jesse kind of learns to be a little bit more aggressive and he is quicker than the villains of the show... so he kind of changes and becomes more of a leader than a supporting character at the end of this.

I loved how suspenseful the movie was also. It wasn't quite as suspenseful as the original series... but there were a lot of moments where I was worried and not sure what would happen next.

There were some scenes that were kind of fan service moments... We got to see Walt, Mike, Jane, and Todd... plus The Cleaner played by the late Robert Forster- who I believe passed away the day this movie was released... I always really liked his character and was happy to see that. We also get confirmation that everyone died, Walt definitely died.... All the bad guys died obviously and we even get confirmation that Lydia, who was poisoned was in the hospital and not expected to survive.

So I've heard some mixed reviews about this movie... but I really enjoyed it and I didn't know I needed the series to be wrapped up more than it had been... but I really did like it and definitely recommend checking it out if you liked the original series.

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...