Skip to main content

10 Scenes from Joker I Can't Get Outta My Head- Spoilers!

Okay... I just saw the movie Joker last night and it was amazing... but here are 10 scenes in particular I can't stop thinking about.  These aren't in any real order... but obviously... spoilers.


10) Arthur's Laugh at the Beginning of the movie- When he started the laugh in the therapist's office, I thought that that the whole movie might just be that laugh... and I was okay with that. It's such a good laugh and the fact that he actually starts to choke and cry a little bit because of it is so heartbreaking.

9) Arthur Drops the Gun at the Children's Hospital- This is an actual funny scene before the movie becomes very dark. We see Arthur doing a really good job as a clown in a kids hospital and the kids seemed to actually like him... then a gun falls out of his pocket, and he responds in character as the clown... it's just really good.

This also leads to Joker getting fired, we're revealed that Randall who called Arthur "his boy" and gave him the gun and said "you can pay me back for it later" after INSISTING Arthur take it... tells his boss "Arthur was trying to buy a gun off of me" which sucks.

8) The Subway Scenes- There are 3 memorable subway scenes in the movie. The first one is where he laughs at the kid and pulls out his card... which I sort of touched on- but I thought it was nice that he had a card that he showed people.

Then the second subway scene where he kills the 3 guys that were picking on that one lady and then him... I've seen guys try to talk to girls on trains... I've been talked to on a train by guys before... it's the absolute scariest thing cause there's  no real easy way to get off... the guys could have easily followed the lady and it could have been bad. But they were actually attacking Arthur and they stole his wig... and he killed them coldly... but I think he was thinking of it as defending himself.

And I think this actually becomes an important symbol of the movie because so many people thought that he was starting a movement... but really he wasn't. He was just trying to defend himself.

Which leads to the next subway scene when the group of clowns going to the rally and Arthur escapes the cops by jumping on that subway and grabbing a clown mask. The cops end up shooting a different man dressed as a clown and I believe he dies as a result of the chaos... and then the cops end up getting beaten the same way Arthur was at the beginning of the movie. We see that Arthur is kind of on top and the cops are sort of on the bottom- where Arthur was at the beginning of the movie.

7) Arthur's Girlfriend Isn't Really There- So in the movie, we see Arthur have an awkward interaction with a pretty neighbor of his that has a daughter. After the he kills his first 3 victims, we see him go to this neighbor's apartment and kiss her... and then they seem to go on a few dates, and she's even there with him when his mother is in the hospital. Then, after Arthur finds out that his mother adopted him... we see him go into her apartment... and although we know he would be welcomed into his girlfriends apartment and they just saw each other a little while ago... it seems a little different. He touches all of her daughters paintings as if he has never seen them. He sits on the couch,very isolated. We then see the neighbor terrified and asks Arthur if he's in the wrong apartment and even says "Your name is Arthur right? You live in the apartment upstairs?" like she doesn't really know him. Then we see a flashback of all of his moments with her, but now Arthur is alone. And it's really sad.

6) Penny's Obsession with Thomas Wayne- Penny still believes in Thomas Wayne, even though Gotham City is a complete dump and Thomas is not using any of his wealth or power to help the poor communities in the city. She writes him letters every day and never gets a response back. We know that Penny is a former employee of Thomas Wayne and is stuck on the fact that he says ALL Wayne Employees past or present are family to him. We then see one of her letters claiming that Arthur is his son. Thomas later tells Arthur that his mother adopted him and that she was crazy and made up the affair. Penny tells Arthur that Thomas "made her sign papers" and that is why his parentage is a secret.

When Arthur gets the documents that claim his mother adopted him... her response to "You adopted your son and let him get beaten by your boyfriend." She still says "he made me sign papers... which leads me to believe that Thomas Wayne made Penny sign the papers to fake that she adopted Arthur... when in reality I do think that he is Thomas and Penny's son. It's easy to make Penny look crazy... and it's easy to trick Arthur into thinking that's not his real mom... so I think that's exactly what Thomas Wayne did.

Alfred even shows that he has knowledge that Penny has a son and...it seemed like he knew something. I'm also suspecting it maybe wasn't Penny's boyfriend that abused Arthur, but Wayne himself... or someone Wayne hired... hoping to maybe even kill Arthur and Penny. They really never go into detail about who her boyfriend was... and I think that's to leave it open ended.

I know no one wants to think of Bruce Wayne's father as someone this evil... but I can't really unsee Thomas Wayne being his father. Especially with the picture of Penny that says "Love Your Smile-TW"

5) Arthur Smothering his mother- This is an inevitable scene... after he finds out what she did to Arthur... he enacts his revenge... but at the same time it's hard to think of Arthur as a man so proud of his relationship with his mother as someone that ends up killing her. I also think Arthur was good at taking care of his mother and I think he liked taking care of her... so it was pretty sad.

4) Joker violently stabbing Randall to death in front of Gary- This is one that really stuck with me... It was sad for so many reasons. Randall really wasn't a good guy, he threw Arthur under the bus as soon as he could and him visiting Arthur was really just damage control so that he wouldn't be held responsible for the killings. And in the middle of a sentence joker just kind of grabs a knife or scissors or something and slashes Randall's throat and just keeps stabbing him, in front of poor, sad Gary who had no idea what was going on with Randall and Arthur and is disgusted and horrified by this action. "Arthur why'd you do that." Is what Gary keeps repeating... in just the saddest way. And as Gary runs away- he can't reach the lock... and I just kind of sat, grabbing my boyfriends hand afraid to watch Joker kill poor Gary who did not deserve it. But Joker never really kills anyone that doesn't deserve it... except for maybe at the very end scene before the credits... so he tells Gary he isn't going to hurt him, opens the door for Gary, scares Gary, laughs... then kisses Gary and says "You were the only one that was ever really nice to me." Which... is a nice bit of comic relief from this scene that was very tense and made me very uncomfortable.

This also reminded me of Heath Ledger's Joker where he shows how the Pencil disappears.

3) The Murray Franklin Show- I feel like things in this movie kind of happen in 3s. The Murray Franklin Show also has 3 big scenes.

The first is where Arthur imagines that he is on The Murray Franklin Show and Murray invites him onstage and says he wishes he had a son like Arthur. You can see the loneliness and longing for a father figure in his life.

The second scene is when The Murray Franklin Show plays a clip of Arthur's standup routine and Murray roasts Arthur. This is the main thing I feel like the trailers focused on. We saw Arthur's admiration of Murray- and then his disappointment when Murray makes fun of him on his show.

Finally... we see Joker on The Murray Franklin show. He asks to be introduced as Joker, we see him dance... and then he confesses to murdering the 3 men on the subway... Outraging Dr. Sally and the other guest on the show. And then he kills Murray on the air... and we see the tv going to standby and then reports from all the newscasts in the area.

This one Reminds me of that episode of Trueblood where Russel Edgington rips the heart of a reporter out... only in this movie theres TONS of buildup to Joker killing Murray and in Trueblood there was no real buildup... just a random killing.

And two... this is the part that seems the least believable and the most believable at the same time somehow. The whole events of the movie our questionable... was this all imagined in Joker's head? I feel like although this part is the hardest to believe... it's also the one thing that I think would be a cop out to not have in the movie. Like this is the most shocking thing Joker does... it can't be fake. I won't have that!


2) The Riots After the Show/ The Arkham Asylum Scene- The riots after the show I think are a little more subjective than the Murray Franklin Murder itself... I think there really were riots, especially because this is where we see the Wayne's get murdered... that has to be real... Joker dancing on the car... I kind of want that to be real because I do feel like he's finally got his audience he always wanted and even though Joker is evil... you do still kind of want Arthur to have some sort of win.

The Arkham Asylum scene is shown right after this and we see Joker having a similar therapy session with a similar therapist... and when he starts laughing uncontrollably again, he says "You wouldn't get the joke" and then we see him leave the room with a blood on his shoes, implying that he killed the therapist and it looks as if he is going to escape the asylum and wreak havoc on the town. I just kind of like how dark the escape scene is. With the blood on his foot and then the running around trying to lose the guards... I feel like I'd expect nothing less.

1) The Scene where Arthur goes into the Fridge- There are other memorable Jokers. Heath Ledger, Jack Nicholson... not Jared Leto... but Arthur going into the fridge really sets him apart and shows him completely transformed emerging as Joker in the scene where he kills Randall.It wasn't an accident that I described some events as "Arthur" and others as "Joker"... it's because of this scene where he really does transform.

Hope you guys like this post! What do you guys think happened?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f