Skip to main content

The Daily Something: What's Up With Me? Hairy Lipstick, Vacation Planning and More

Hey guys! It has been A WHILE since I posted on here... and I kind of want to get into it again. This is called The Daily Something... I kind of want to have something on here... daily. Whether it just be one thought I have... maybe a little recap of my day. A snippet of life or a review of some sort or something... I'll post SOMETHING Daily. Maybe. Lol.

So while I say this... this is a super busy time in my life right now for me to be doing this again... There are some things going on with my family... I've been kind of working a lot... I'm going away for a couple days next week and I'm taking a week off... I also have horrible Eczema... which does happen to me around this time of year... so I shouldn't have time to write something... but I'm going to try to make a point to write SOMETHING every Day. Maybe 10 minutes or so... maybe I'll pre-post some things... but I want to try to do something every single day for this blog specifically.

I also started a 3rd Disney Blog right now and I was trying to get my youtube page back up... but I think I do kind of want to focus on this.

And I have to talk about the Jaclyn Cosmetics lipsticks cause I'm a beauty person and this has been a thing I've been having fun kind of watching. Jaclyn Hill is a youtuber that's super famous and people were REALLY excited for her makeup line because she's been teasing it for a couple of years and there was just ANOTHER youtube scandal with James Charles and Tati and Jeffree Star kind of inserted himself in the situation... so after that whole thing people were just excited to try her lipsticks. They were $18 a piece plus shipping... and while that is expensive the Price Per Gram isn't that bad... I forget what it was exactly... JenLuvsReviews did a video breaking it down- but she's made that video private now... sooo I can't really link it. I didn't want to pay $18 for a lipstick from a brand I didn't know... but I could understand why other people did.

ANYWAY one subscriber in particular said she had a weird issue with the lipstick. It looked kinda funky after she tried it and she just wanted to know why. She liked the lipstick... but there was an issue with it and since Jaclyn is the owner, the maker of these lipsticks and the face behind the company she asked her about it... and she replied in a condescending and snippy way on twitter... and of corse... the Jaclyn STANS came for this girl saying her lips were dry and she was a bad person... because she had an issue with the lipstick.

So I saw some videos... and RawBeautyChristi posted one where there was HAIR embedded in the lipstick... it was gross. And I'm pretty positive Jaclyn is lying about a lot of it and people are upset. And I'm upset... but not surprised. I posted a long time ago when Jaclyn had an issue with a product with her name on it and I didn't really trust her because of it... there's just been a lot of issues with this. And it's just gross... so those are my thoughts of that. I didn't want Jaclyn to fail- I'm not surprised this happened... I'm hoping she'll solve this gracefully and move forward... but I'm not subscribed- I'm not going to subscribe and I won't ever buy or recommend her products. She's not cancelled I just have no interest and I don't think they're good.

I should have probably mentioned that all on my beauty blog... but it was something I found funny and interesting today. And I was also watching Jen Luv's Reviews video about why she's cancelling Jaclyn Cosmetics... and I fell asleep cause I had to go to work early. I didn't even know I fell asleep or why or how... but I woke up with the video on and I was like "Ohhh... I fell asleep." So... that was funny. And I stayed asleep for a while. I did kind of a lot of different things at work today... so the day went fast... and yeah. That was good.

I'm also going on vacation really soon... so I'm trying to budget for it and I think I'm doing a pretty good job. I need to pick some stuff up for my little getaway... but I think I'm doing an okay job of not really buying much. I'll probably go into more of the planning posts after cause I don't really know what I'm doing now... but yeah. I'll do a review and some stuff after too.

So yeah... I'm not sure what else to post about... I saw the movie Ma recently... I'm not sure I can even write a review on it... but maybe I will.

I think that is it for now. I hope you guys like this little comeback. I'll be back tomorrow I guess.

BYEEE!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f