Skip to main content

Longhorn Steakhouse Review

I tried something new last night and I'm really excited to share it with everyone!

My Boyfriend and I had a giftcard to the Olive Garden Restaurant family... and we had already used most of it on Bahama Breeze- which was a really good, fun restaurant- and this time we decided to try Longhorn because I had never been there and we kinda wanted to try something new.

First off they bring you bread... which I always like in a restaurant. I feel like the bread was nothing really to write home about- but it was good and presented nicely on a little cutting board.

The appetizer however was great! We got the Cowboy Queso- which was basically a cheeseburger dip served with a really yummy garlic flatbread. We were kind of amazed at the fact that the dip really did taste just like a cheeseburger. I feel like I want that recipe! The flatbread was the best part. It was super soft and yet still kind of crispy and flavorful. The dip didn't really stay that warm... but the flatbread did- so that was really good on it's own.



The steaks were really great too! My boyfriend got the ribeye and he got it done Medium. He thought it was really juicy and pretty good. I got the flat iron steak because it was marinated- and I thought it might be a little more flavorful. It did have a really great flavor to it! it was small- but still filling and I just really liked it! I was pretty impressed as I am a little picky with my steak.

this was mine! 

The sides we got were both kinda meh. The Mac and Cheese was okay... but it had parmesan cheese and that's not really something I like and my boyfriend could only taste the parmesan when I said I thought it had parmesan in it. So... it was a little overpowering. The fries were fine but nothing special.

We also got blackberry tea... it was fine- I was happy to see it on the menu- but it's not as great as if you ordered Chili's with extra blackberry syrup.


We didn't get any dessert- but the dessert did look delicious.  We had some Ice Cream at home that was homemade from my cousin... the ice cream maker from OWOWCOW creamery so we opted  for that... which I'm sure was better anyway... but I'd love to try dessert here sometime!

And the waiter... was weird. It was the end of the night- we were seated at a high top by the bar- so we didn't really have a wait and the food all came out pretty quickly and I don't think it was bad or anything... and we really didn't feel rushed out either.




Overall... it was a really nice date night! It was nice to try something new! We'd go back again!

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...