Skip to main content

Comic Store Adventures

In the summer- a little after I took my Atlantic City Trip with my boyfriend, we started going to a lot of comic book shops and we had fun there... so I thought I'd share our adventures with you guys!

The first one I was like "Ohhh- we need to go here" was of corse Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash in Red Bank. This is pretty famous because of Kevin Smith of corse and it was where Clerks was filmed... and both of us like Kevin Smith... although tbh I haven't seen many of his movies- I just kind of think he's a cool guy.

Red Bank is of corse a really fun town- I've written about it before a long time ago. So we stopped in to eat first at Hansel and Griddles. I had never been here before, but it smelled really good and they had breakfast food and lunch food... and I was kind of in the mood for something like that. They have quesadilla wraps and smoothies. I Got a pork roll and cheese wrap which was great but it felt very heavy when I was walking around red bank on a hot summer day... so maybe I'll try it again in the fall sometime... but it wasn't bad- it just wasn't super refreshing on the day we were there.

Then we went to Jay and Silent Bob's... which is a good store but they didn't have all that much when we went. There was a new Batman comic that was released that had already sold out by the time we got there. They had issue  2 of a Sabrina series, but they didn't have the first issue. They were also organizing everything while we were there and that was a little tricky. The employees were incredibly helpful and they pretty much knew everything when we asked it. I ended up buying an issue of Radioactive Spider Gwen... which I thought was volume 1 but I read part of it and I wasn't sure. He bought Volume 2 of Snot Girl- which he already read and liked Volume 1 of and actually liked Volume 2 better. Snot Girl is by the same author as Scott Pilgrim, and I read Volume 1 and like it but didn't really understand what was going on. According to him- Volume 2 clears everything up better and he would recommend going back to 1 after I finish 2... which I might. He also got a Beetlejuice comic for a friend of his in the sale bin!

They had a lot of Kevin Smith Memorabilia- so if you want something signed by Kevin Smith or you want to see stuff from his movies, this is a really great place to do that!

We went to Jack's Music Store after that, which is a really fun shop to go to. I knew he wanted to get a record player and a guitar... and he didn't get either of those things, but really you can get anything at this music store. Want an older cd that isn't big anymore? They probably have it. Ukelele? They've got that too! They also have a lot of records and sheet music and they have a decent selection of older dvds and books too. I ended up getting the terrible movie LOL by Miley Cyrus for 2.99 and he got one of the books from "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" series for $2.

After that... he still wanted to find some more comic books, so we went to The Little Shop of Comics in Scotch Plains. This isn't really a little shop... they actually did have a LOT of comics and Funko Pops! I was really excited because they had some of the Specialty Series of Funko Pops, so I ended up getting the Glow in The Dark Genie, Uncle Traveling Matt, which are both Specialty Series and Gru's Dog Kyle from Despicable Me 3... which is older. He got a Guillermo Del Toro, which is his favorite director and I really wanted to get him that and... something else. Which I forget lol.

We also got comics! He got the new volumes of the Moon Night Comics, which he read all 3 of and really ended up liking. And I got The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Volume 1: The Crucible... so that was pretty cool.

A few days later we had some time to kill before the movie we were seeing and there was a comic shop near that theater... so we went there! Crypt Comics in Eatontown- really nice place with lots of comics and new releases. I don't remember if he ended up getting anything from here... but I did really well. Particularly in the Bargain Boxes of Comics they had a lot of X Files Comics... and I love the X Files! So of corse I had to get those! There was a regular X Files one and X Files Origins, which looks like it might be more for kids. Either way I was really excited to find those! They also had some Funko Pops including the Hot Topic Exclusive Invisible Bing Bong! Which I thought was really cool- I had always kind of wanted this pop and it was just kind of cool that they had it there. They had some Umbrella Academy Magnets too- and we both love that show... so I got those as well!

I hope you guys liked this adventure type of blog. I actually wrote this a long time ago... but never got around to posting it!

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f